What I'm thankful For
by Amy Melby
I'm thankful for Macy's. Yes, Macy's the department store.
Last year their parent company bought out the company that owned Marshall Fields...therefore elminating Marshall Fields (which I dearly miss) and turning all of those stores into Macy's in the Minnapolis/St. Paul area.
In doing so....they have put an end to yet another collection nightmare. My wonderful husband collected the Marshall Fields (Dayton's) Santa Bear from when they started in 1985 (or '84?). He's only missing 3 of them.
We seriously store tubs upon tubs of those damn bears only to display them from the end of November until just after New Year's.
I hate these bears.
Twenty-years of bears, and as most of you know, they not small bears! Talk about clutter!Well, when Macy's took over...the bear went to teddy bear heaven!
Thank You God!!
Thank You Macy's!
No comments:
Post a Comment