Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Keeping Busy...and then some

As usual the Melby's are busy...but with the recent snowfall we're a little in over our heads! It comes down to Mom to make sure everything flows...so if I seem a little out there lately, I'm already a week out trying to piece together our schedules. And think, MacKenzy isn't in school and after school activities....THEN it'll get crazy!

MacKenzy is amazing us everyday. This morning she grabbed my necklace and turned around the pendant, "I like red better mommy." The pendant flips every so often to where it's white, but I never knew she paid that much attention. Cute.

Saturday, Sunday, and Monday were sick days for her. She woke up from a nap on Saturday looking sunburnt! She had a fever so I figured it was a fever rash. As her fever went down, the red got brighter and spread. Sunday morning she was a itchy mess so I ended up taking her into her pediatric clinic (we have the coolest clinic...basically open 7 days a week!). The Doctor took one look at her and said, "Strep." They did the quick culture and sure enough.

The Dr prescribed an anti-biotic in a chewable form...oh, my God THANK YOU! She loves chewables...she basically treats them like candy.

By Monday she was a normal shade of pink...but she still couldn't go to daycare, as she wasn't on the medication for 24hours. Jason plowed, and I stayed home with MacKenzy.

We had fun. We played outside and she helped me dust the house. Can't say she really helped clean it, because immediately afterwards she messed it up again.

Her skin is still bumpy, like goose-bumps, but that's about it. I never knew that there was such a rash....guess I learned something new!

No comments: