Friday, April 20, 2007

Little Miss

Words out of MacKenzy’s mouth surprise me all the time. In the last 3 months her vocabulary has shot through the roof, but on top of that the intellect behind it has far surpassed my own.

Wednesday night we were playing “I Spy” on the way home from daycare. I did most of the Spying while she screamed that she found the “Red Barn!” or the yellow triangle. At one point I pointed out a white barn, which seems to puzzle her (aren’t all barns supposed to be red!). She pointed at the barn and then said, “That barn is white, like Daddy’s truck, but not like Mommy’s car. Mommy’s car is red.”

I don’t think I can put my reaction into words….if I did it would look something like: “What? Huh? Oh my God. She just…oh my.”

She will be 3 in just under a month, but it just that certain phases of her growing up tend to smack me up side the head. She loves chewing gum and doesn’t even swallow it! Any time she sees a water tower she points out that Daddy works there (the fire department is next to one therefore Daddy works next to all water towers), anytime we are sitting at a stop light she recites, “Red means STOP! Yellow WATCH OUT! and Green means GO!”

Jason recently taught her the difference between her right and left, so she’s now a constant backseat driver! This week they’ve been working on creeks ("cricks"), rivers, ponds, and lakes. She has to point out every puddle! If you ask her what a lake is she’ll respond that it’s STANDING WATER! A creek or river is MOVING WATER! Seriously…I’m starting to feel as though I need to go back to school so I can keep up with her!

This weekend we’re going to the zoo. It’s the last weekend for the Baby Farm Animals Exhibit. I took her last year and she loved touching all of the animals…I’m sure we won’t be able to peel her away this year. I'll be sure to take tons of pictures and post them.

No comments: