Yesterday we had Jason's grandmother, Leslie, over for dinner. She hadn't been to our house since MacKenzy's birthday....so before we had grass!
After dinner we made the trek to Emma Krumbee's Apple Orchard only to find that it was closing up for the night. We figured we'd just try again another time. At some point one of us said that we were too late. MacKenzy kept repeating, "Too late! No 'kins!"
Just outside of Belle Plaine, closer to Jordan, there's a place called JIM's. I've driven past it millions of times, but have never stopped. Well they were very much open so MacKenzy got to pick out some pumkins. She was too cute...she'd pick out the smallest ones possible! I know, give it a few years and she'll want the biggest one on the lot. When we thought we were done I came across one of those little gords that look like a miniture pumpkin and she fell in love! It's to the nicest one either....it has brown marks all over it, but she had to have it and she hung onto it all the way home.
We weren't smart and forgot the camera, but we'll be sure to take pictures when we break down and carve them! I'm sure it will be an educational experience!
Monday, October 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment