Monday, October 30, 2006

Halloween Part One

This past Saturday was our first dose of Halloween. During the afternoon we, MacKenzy and I (Jason was working), had a kid Halloween party. Our friends Jim and Jodi put on the most incredible party! There were kids everywhere and everyone was having a blast.

Prior to the party I had yet to get MacKenzy to wear any kind of costume. Last Halloween she was a rooster and she was a very unhappy one at that. This summer Jim and Jodi's daughter had a princess birthday party. All the girls were dressed up in princess gear, and MacKenzy refused to put her dress on. So needless to say, I was expecting exactly what I got, "No On!" No matter how much I pointed out the other kids in their costumes and begged her to put it on, she refused.
Finally I decided that there was no way we were leaving the party without a picture of her in her costume. With a little assistance I wrangled her down and got it on her. Once she had it on, she was completely fine! Jodi has some really cute pictures of MacKenzy and even one of me (and I always hate pictures of myself!) so I'll post those once she emails them to me.

Here's the only one I got:
Last night Jason, MacKenzy and I carved pumpkins for the first time. MacKenzy mostly observed, as she refused to touch the pumpkin's insides. She did enjoy herself though! I plan on lighting them tonight and taking some pictures, so I'll be sure to post them as well.
















More Photos To Come!

No comments: