Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Lauren Adelle

My former college roommate, Nikki, had a baby just over a month ago. I went to college with both her and her husband, Jason. When we lived together we were both dating a Jason. There was "my Jason" and "your Jason." Sounds possessive but it was the only way we could keep it all straight. We could have done last names, but her Jason's last name is Grosz (Gross) so that wasn't going to happen.

Just last month Nikki and Jason had a little girl, Lauren Adelle. For me its a realization that MacKenzy was once that tiny...actually even smaller!

This past Sunday MacKenzy and I visited with Nikki and Lauren as their Jason was at the football game cheering the Chicago Bears...which successfully beat the Vikings. MacKenzy has never shown all that much interest in babies. She likes to see them, but she's more interested in their toys! This time was noticibly different.

At first she wasn't all that cool with her mommy holding someone other than her, so I MacKenzy if she wanted to hold the baby. Her eyes lit up like she couldn't believe I what I had just said!

Over and over she held Lauren and she was so proud.

**For some reason I can't get the pictures to post to this entry....so if you want to see the ever-so-cute photos, they are posted on the FLICKR site!

No comments: