Saturday, September 09, 2006

Tornado Alley

About two and a half weeks ago (August 25th) this area got hit really hard with baseball and softball size hail. Our house of 5 months actually needs a new roof now, but what do you do?

A girlfriend, Cathie, that I work with is originally from Northfield and most all of her family was in the middle of the storm when it hit. Two of her sisters have totalled cars, and one of them actually has some serious damage to the inside of her house. The windows were knocked out and water and hail poured inside. Cathie's parents were actually having a guy come out to give them an estimate on a new roof before the storm...now their insurance will be taking care of that project!

My friend Jessica lives in St. Peter and has lived through now her 2nd tornadic experience. On March 31st in 1998 the town was basically leveled. Then two and a half weeks ago the area was hit again. I just thought I'd share the pictures with you because they're just so amazing:





















My personal favorite is the one here at the left...
What is that driver doing!?! MORON! Driving into the storm is considered SUICIDE! Not that I'm saying that the person taking this photo is any more sane! Just look at how green the grass is though...it's just an unbelievable site!

No comments: